Read these guidelines and click the acknowledgement at the bottom of the page to proceed.
As we carefully welcome visitors to the Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology with enhanced safety measures in place, masking and physical distancing are mandatory.
What We’re Doing to Keep You Safe:
- Offering advance timed-ticket sales to allow for contactless payment.
- Providing physical barriers such as plexiglass shields in customer service areas.
- Maintaining cleaning and disinfecting protocols, and providing substantial access to hand sanitizer, throughout our facility.
What We’re Asking of Our Guests:
- If you feel ill, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, are waiting for the results of a lab test for COVID-19, or have been in close contact with someone who has or is suspected to have COVID-19, please stay home.
- Purchase your timed ticket before coming to the Museum. Walk-up admission is subject to availability.
- Masking and physical distancing are mandatory in all indoor public spaces and workplaces in Alberta. Note that the Museum will not be providing masks to visitors.
- A face shield may be worn in addition to a mask, but not instead of a mask.
- Wash your hands, for at least 20 seconds, regularly during your visit. Avoid touching your face. Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
- Outside food and drink are only permitted in the Museum’s cafeteria seating area.
Limitation of Liability
Please note that while the Museum continues to adhere to health and safety guidelines to keep you safe, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By being in public spaces like the Museum, you voluntarily assume the risks related to exposure.
We hope you enjoy being back at the Royal Tyrrell Museum, and that you feel comfortable and safe while connecting with Alberta’s rich fossil heritage.
The safety of visitors and staff is our top priority. Thank you for your understanding, and for working with us to minimize potential risks.
I have read and agree to the policies and procedures.