Read these guidelines and click the acknowledgement at the bottom of the page to proceed.
What We’re Doing to Keep You Safe:
- Limiting numbers to a maximum occupancy of 250 visitors at a time.
- Offering admission by timed tickets only. Purchase tickets online well in advance of your visit. Walk-up admission is subject to availability.
- Supporting capacity control and contactless payment with timed-ticket admission.
- Closing hands-on, interactive elements, including the Learning Lounge gallery, to limit visitor contact in our galleries.
- Increasing cleaning and disinfecting, and providing substantial access to hand sanitizer, throughout our facility.
- Visitors over the age of two are required to wear a face mask inside the Royal Tyrrell Museum. Under Town of Drumheller bylaw 20.20, face coverings must be worn at all times while in indoor public spaces, effective November 23, 2020. Visit the Town of Drumheller website for details.
What We’re Asking of Our Guests:
- If you’ve travelled outside Canada within the past 14 days, feel ill, or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- Purchase your timed ticket before coming to the Museum.
- Masks are mandatory. You must bring your own face mask and wear it while in the Museum.
- Respect signage, spacing ‘dots,’ route markers, and other safety measures.
- Practice physical distancing. Keep two metres away from others.
- Wash your hands, for at least 20 seconds, regularly during your visit. Avoid touching your face. Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
- Bring your own strollers and wheelchairs, and a water bottle if you like, as water fountains are closed.
Limitation of Liability
Please note that while the Museum continues to adhere to health and safety guidelines to keep you safe, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By being in public spaces like the Museum, you voluntarily assume the risks related to exposure.
We hope you enjoy being back at the Royal Tyrrell Museum, and that you feel comfortable and safe while connecting with Alberta’s rich fossil heritage.
The safety of visitors and staff is our top priority. Thank you for your understanding, and for working with us to minimize potential risks.
I have read and agree to the policies and procedures.