Read these guidelines and click the acknowledgement at the bottom of the page to proceed.
What We’re Doing to Keep You Safe:
- Limiting visitor numbers. (Stage 2 capacity: 1/3 of fire code occupancy.)
- Offering admission by timed tickets only to support capacity control and contactless payment. Purchase tickets online well in advance of your visit.
- Updating hands-on, interactive elements to hands-free experiences to limit visitor contact in our galleries. Our Learning Lounge gallery remains closed, as the majority of that area is high touch.
- Increasing cleaning and disinfecting, and providing substantial access to hand sanitizer, throughout our facility.
What We’re Asking of Our Guests:
- If you’ve travelled outside Canada within the past 14 days, feel ill, or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home.
- Purchase your timed ticket before coming to the Museum.
- Masks are mandatoryunless you qualify for an exception. You must bring your own face mask and wear it while in the Museum. A face shield may be worn in addition to a mask, but not instead of a mask.
- Respect signage, spacing ‘dots,’ route markers, and other safety measures.
- Practice physical distancing. Keep two metres away from others.
- Wash your hands, for at least 20 seconds, regularly during your visit. Avoid touching your face. Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
- Bring your own strollers and wheelchairs, and a water bottle if you like, as water fountains are closed.
Limitation of Liability
Please note that while the Museum continues to adhere to health and safety guidelines to keep you safe, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By being in public spaces like the Museum, you voluntarily assume the risks related to exposure.
We hope you enjoy being back at the Royal Tyrrell Museum, and that you feel comfortable and safe while connecting with Alberta’s rich fossil heritage.
The safety of visitors and staff is our top priority. Thank you for your understanding, and for working with us to minimize potential risks.
I have read and agree to the policies and procedures.