The Communications Assistant will support the management of the Royal Tyrrell Museum of Palaeontology’s brand and profile by developing and delivering high-quality content for Museum communications, e.g., social media, marketing, website, and media relations. This includes:
- Coordinate the Museum’s online presence: lead and support planning, content development, approvals, and reporting for social media channels, blog, and online marketing initiatives; maintain social media planning calendar; engage with the Museum’s online followers; coordinate updating of online profiles and RTMP website;
- Assist with planning, supporting, and hosting requests and visits from film crews, photographers, media, and travel trade contacts;
- Support initiatives led by the Head of Marketing & Public Relations, such as strategic communications and marketing planning, content development and delivery, and reporting;
- Provide assistance with special events and activities as required.
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills to serve and engage a variety of audiences
- Ability to communicate scientific information in accessible ways
- Strong organizational skills
- Develop and coordinate social media initiatives (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, blog, etc.)
- Experience working with website content management systems and social media platforms
- Keep informed of current trends in public relations, museum communications, and palaeontological news
- Reporting, analytics, and presentation skills
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, Museum Studies, or related field
- One to two years’ relevant experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends and to travel, as needed
- Experience in digital communications or journalism
- Photography and videography skills
- Knowledge of photo and video editing
- Knowledge of travel trade and tourism
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Group Insurance Plan
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
Application deadline: Consideration of applications will begin Monday September 26, 2022; however, the competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Forward résumé with cover letter to:
Heather Bitz, Executive Director
Drumheller and District Chamber of Commerce
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered.