A two-day field trip unlike any other! Students participate in a guided hike, fossil casting and other hands-on workshops, tour the galleries, go swimming, and visit Reptile World. Best of all, your group will sleep alongside the fascinating creatures in Dinosaur Hall.
Toll free in North America (outside Alberta)
Toll free in Alberta
310-0000 then (403) 823-7707
Outside North America
When booking your program please ensure you have the following information:
- School name and address (including street, town or city, province, and postal code)
- School phone and fax numbers
- Student information (grade(s), number of students, teachers, and chaperones attending)
This two-day field trip brings science to life with educational activities that make learning a blast!
Available from October 2012 - June 2013. Please check and complete the Online Registration Form under Booking Information (to your left) for Edutour availability.
(starts at 12:45 p.m. on day of arrival)
- A guided hike to discover the seven wonders of the badlands.
- Two hands-on workshops specific to your students' grade level.
- Explore the Museum galleries on your own.
- Supper in the Museum cafeteria.
- Students make their own replica of a Museum fossil to take home.
- An hour of swimming and water sliding in the pool or relaxing in the hot tub at the Drumheller Aquaplex.
When you return to the Museum, your host(ess) will show you to your accommodations, our world-famous Dinosaur Hall, where you'll roll out your sleeping bag and snore with the dinosaurs, alongside some of the biggest creatures to rule the Cretaceous.
- Breakfast in the Museum cafeteria.
- Interactive program in the Museum auditorium.
- Visit Reptile World and hold a live boa constrictor.
Maximum 64 students for 2 days.
Up to 32 students with chaperones (36 participants)
Fall/Winter $1,750 (October 1 - February 28)
Spring $1,900 (March 1 - June 23)
Up to 64 students with chaperones (37-72 participants)
Fall/Winter $3,300 (October 1 - February 28)
Spring $3,600 (March 1 - June 23)
Programs, meals, accommodations, and taxes are included. Students provide their own pillows, sleeping bags and mats.
Receive a $25 discount on one of our Distance Learning Programs, "Up Close and Palaeo Jr." when you book an Edutour. What a great way to prepare you for your visit to the Museum!
Snore with the dinosaurs! Spend the night under the watchful eye of your favourite dinosaur at the Museum.
Lords of the Land
Witness the beauty of the beasts in this exhibit highlighting some of our most rare, fragile, and scientifically significant pieces.
Walk among one of the largest dinosaur collections in the world.